When you are in the retail or eCommerce business, it is a challenge to increase the visibility of your products and drive sales. You need to take advantage of the SEO otherwise products will stay in your store having low visibility in search engines.
The truth is, no one knows just how many factors Google is taking into consideration to rank a website or a page higher in the search results, but as we have discovered, there are some factors that are of high importance.
In the article below we will dive into the SEO statistics that clearly show the importance of SEO for your business and products’ conversions.
Most of the product searches are done in Google and you need to stand out by being in the first two pages of results
- Google receives over 75000 searches per second and over 3.5 billion searches are performed daily on Google and around 93 percent of online experiences begin with the search engine of Google.
- 90% of searchers haven’t made up their mind about a brand before starting their search, so make sure that you put some copywriting, sales, storytelling in place and inform your potential buyers about your products and business. Don’t underestimate the power of SEO and just take advantage of it to make it easy for your potential consumers to find you.
- 81% of people perform some type of online research before making a large purchase.
- 39% of all global eCommerce traffic comes from search.
- Search engines drive 10 times more traffic to shopping sites than social media, that is why you need to include SEO to your marketing strategy.
- 67% of all clicks go to the first five organic results and this explains why being on the 3rd-10th page of the search results nobody will find you and see your products.
Content is the most important SEO technique, including images and videos
Content is king and SEO makes no exception to this “rule”. Basically, if you have product descriptions that educate, inform and compel your buyers, with lots of state of the art images and videos, you have all the chances to sell. And Google likes education, trustworthiness and happy customers, so they will rank you higher in the search engine results.
They are committed to showing to anyone who is looking for something on Google exactly what they are looking for. They want the content to be relevant and if a business doesn’t have SEO is practically impossible for search engines to make the connection between you and your potential buyer.
The link between images and sales is highly important because if through written content you are telling a story, features, and benefits, through visuals you are able to show. And images stay longer in the brain, making people imagine what if the product could be in their hands, what would they feel and do?
- Almost three-quarters of SEOs think content is the most important factor and the most effective for an SEO-friendly website.
- When looking for information, 65% of searchers choose results based on relevancy to their search query rather than a company name. People don’t care about who you are in the first place. Only after they found what they needed, they are looking for signs that you are a legit company, you communicate clearly and you have strong reviews.
- Updating existing content with fresh images and written content can increase organic traffic by 111.3%. It might seem counterintuitive, but re-editing and republishing old content, will increase your website traffic. Why? Because the search engine sees that you are committed to giving value to your buyers, editing content based on reviews or customer’s pain points. Taking time to educate your potential consumers about your products and business with complete information, shows you are reliable and worthy of their trust.
- 51% of content consumption comes from organic search.
- Videos help you to get 157% more organic traffic from search engines.
- 45% of B2C marketers believe visual content is their most important type of content.
- Pages with images outrank pages without images.
- More than 97% of all 1-9 results feature at least one image.
- Images are returned for 22.6% of search queries on Google.
Mobile is the best for local shopping, but not only
There are still a lot of companies that didn’t list their business on Google (Google My Business listing) and they are missing the opportunity to be seen, to attract more local customers and, ultimately, to generate more conversions. SEO is helping in this case by using the relevant location and business keywords into your website, your ads, and your product descriptions. By using local keywords, Google will promote your business first before showing other results.
Hint: Don’t forget to make your website mobile responsive.
- Smartphones generated 40% of e-commerce purchases in 2018.
- After searching on a smartphone for something nearby, 76% of people end up visiting the business within 1 day.
- 28% of local searches result in a purchase.
- 87% of smartphone owners use a search engine daily.
Keyword optimization for content, titles, and pages are extremely important for SEO
- 38% of SEOs think marketers should get started with SEO with keyword optimization.
- 50% of search queries consist of at least 4 words: It is important to understand that long-tail keywords generate more traffic towards your website and have a higher conversion rate than generic keywords.
- Organic Google results with 3-4 words in the title drive higher CTR than the titles with 1 or 2 words. The explanation is quite simple because a long title has more explanation on what to expect of the product or page.
- 36% of SEOs think the title tag is the most important SEO element followed by the. headers and body content of the page.
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer.
The importance of SEO in the business world
- 61% of marketers believe that SEO is the key to online success because it brings brand awareness, visibility, traffic, and online growth.
- 82% of people who implemented an SEO strategy said that it had a positive effect on their business.
- 70% of marketers say SEO is more effective at driving sales than PPC. Remember, your customers are very informed these days and they can make the difference between paid advertising and organic traffic. Needless to say, they prefer organic results, because it shows trustworthiness, relevance, and good content. They don’t like to waste time, so they will go to the websites other people were satisfied with already.
- Businesses with a marketing strategy allocate on average 41% of their budget to SEO and this shows that because it brings results, businesses are willing to spend more and more for SEO. This truly shows how powerful SEO is for your marketing and branding strategy.
- Over 64% of marketers actively invest in search engine optimization.
- 55% of companies have increased their search engine optimization budgets since 2016.
SEO is changing a lot year by year, that is why you need a team of experts that are up to date with the latest trends and can help you make the best decisions for your business.
Contact Content Factory 1 and let’s create the best content strategy for your products, so you are able to increase your sales considerably. Our team has more than 20 years of experience in product content and we never ceased to learn in this domain, that is why we can help you manage your content in a creative way. Content Factory 1 provides all the required solutions to achieve the correct SEO awareness and benefits.