Product content is becoming the most underrated solution if you think about it and check the data of how much is influencing the buyers online and in-store to choose one product over the other.
Since 87% of consumers rate product content extremely or very important when deciding to buy, you can clearly see that it is a high correlation between good product content that converts and the sales of your online shop. If you don’t take the initiative today, your poor product descriptions will mean big money losses for you and potentially, business failure in the future.
How product content is affecting the product’s conversions (See also infographic below)
The reason why product content has such a high influence on the sales is that the customer journey begins with the content for your products. If you don’t attract your customers from the start or if you don’t provide enough value to help them make informed purchasing decisions, you will have negative results. A study from Shotfarm clearly shows that poor product content is related to three major retailers’ challenges:
- Cart Abandonment: 30% of shoppers have abandoned their online shopping cart due to poor product descriptions and 26% said that they abandoned the shopping cart due to poor quality imaged or not enough product images.
- Return of purchases: 40% of customers have returned an online purchase due to the inaccurate and lack of quality product information. According to the study, most returns were registered in the clothing and apparel category. When you have incomplete and inaccurate product descriptions you are misleading customers into buying products that are not as they expected to be.
- Brand Trust and Integrity: 86% of consumers said that they would unlikely purchase again from a company that provided inaccurate product content. Not only that all the products are returned or abandoned before purchase, but you are losing valuable customers that could have turned into your advocates.
Keep in mind that the product content that is only provided by the manufacturer is not authentic (and Google will penalize you but not showing your product page in the results) and has only product information with technical attributes centered on the product’s features. This product information is not enticing and is pushing customers away from your brand. With a simple mistake like this, you can lose your customers forever.
Start doing business and creating product content through the lens of a potential consumer:
- what problem does your product resolve;
- what product information are they looking for;
- what are the essential features that make your product special;
- what benefits would they have if they would purchase your product;
- how would they feel if they would have the product in their hands;
- what would they say about the product experience?
Only after you start answering these questions you will know how to convey a product content that is unique, appealing and that makes consumers buy it and keep it. This process could be overwhelming to you, but luckily there are lots of product content providers that will put your product into the spotlight. Check our website and see how we could contribute to the sales success of your eCommerce or e-tail company.
When you are planning your product content strategy, get in contact with the Content Factory 1 team to make it all easy. We can provide accurate product descriptions targeted for your consumers, with fully edited product images to look qualitative and appealing and also meet industry requirements. You can count on us to deliver trust, quality, and consistency for all your products.